UTRCA Fee Schedules
(Prices include HST where applicable, except where noted)
The UTRCA’s fee schedules should be read in conjunction with the notes that follow. These fee schedules apply to all activities within the UTRCA watershed jurisdiction. All fees must be received prior to the UTRCA’s release of written comments to an approval authority. UTRCA fee schedules are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that the revenue generated is comparable to the operating costs to provide the service.
Plan Review Fees
Inquiry or Release of Agreements
Written response provided – $150.00
Standard legal sized hardcopy – $20.00
Contact GIS for exact prices – $40.00
Application Review Fees
Official Plan Amendment (Minor- single family residence) – $250.00
Official Plan Amendment (Major – Industrial, Commercial, Institutional, Subdivisions etc.) – $600.00
Zoning By-law Amendment – $250.00
Consent (severance) – $250.00
Variance – $125.00
Site Plan – $250.00
Draft Plan of Subdivision or Condo – $100.00 per Lot to a Maximum of $5000
1. The UTRCA reserves the right to waive the application fee or reduce the fee on a case by case basis.
2. Official Plan Amendment (Major) – Official Plan Amendments which include complex Natural Hazard and Natural Heritage issues involving multiple peer reviews to be completed by the UTRCA and/or other qualified professionals. The UTRCA reserves the right to determine what is considered to be a Official Plan Amendment (Major) on a case by case basis.
3. Fees for multiple applications made for the same parcel within one year will be discounted as follows:
– First application – full fee per lot/application
– Additional applications – 50% of full fee per lot/application
4. The processing fee is charged in the following cases:
– Provision of a clearance letter for any application approved prior to March 29, 2006
– Provision of an extension letter
– Provision of a letter for a Draft Plan of Condominium for those proposals that are limited to conversion of existing buildings with no new construction or as long as the design complies with criteria established through a previous circulation (e.g. Subdivision or Site Plan)
Technical Review Fees (to support Section 28 and Plan Review Services)
Scoped Environmental Impact Studies – $410.00
Comprehensive Environmental Impact Studies – $1025.00
Stormwater Management Studies – $1025.00
Sediment and Erosion Control Plan – $205.00
Hydrogeology Assessments -$1025.00
Subwatershed Study/Master Drain or Tributary Study – $515.00
Discount for each additional study in combination – Reduce fee by $100.00
1. It is strongly recommended that the proponent pre-consult with the UTRCA and the municipality prior to preparation of a detailed technical report.
2. For the purpose of this fee schedule, Scoped Studies are generally recommended in situations where the nature of the natural heritage feature or hazard is well documented, similar development has been previously proposed, modelled and analyzed, impacts are not anticipated due to the location or nature of a proposed development, and mitigation options have been developed.
3 .For the purpose of this fee schedule, Comprehensive Studies are generally recommended in situations which are more complex, where information is lacking, or where the risk or significance of the impact is high.
4 .Where a Section 28 permit approval is required in addition to the Planning Act approval, the fee for the Conservation Authority permit may be discounted.
5 .The fees for technical report review include one comprehensive report review and one revised report review. The UTRCA reserves the right to charge a processing fee or additional technical report fees for additional reviews.
Section 28 Review & Approval Fees
Minor works (decks, above ground pools, etc.) – $150
Fill or Alter Waterways
Standard (no engineering drawings ) – $425
Intermediate (engineering drawings required) – $550
Major (involves comprehensive review by various technical staff) – $800
Construct or Reconstruct
Structures <500 sq ft – $425
Structures >500 sq ft – $800
Construct or Fill
Multi-lot developments (per lot affected) – $275.00
Golf course development – $2,150.00
Large Fill volumes > 1000 m3 – $5,370.00
Renewable Energy Projects – $1,075.00
Related site survey and inspection per hour (2 hr min) – $150.00
Municipal Project Review
Municipal drain review (minor) – $150.00
Municipal drain review (major) – $500.00
Major Municipal project – $2,150.00
Verification letter (Hazards or Areas of Interference) – $150.00
Other Applicable Legislation
Aggregate Resources Act review – $2,150.00
Environmental Assessment Act (minor) – $2,150.00
Environmental Assessment Act (major) – $5,370.00
Work commenced prior to approval – 100% surcharge for first occasion; 200% for second occasion
1. The permit fee generally includes the cost of technical report reviews. The UTRCA reserves the right to charge technical report review fees over and above the permit fees for complex projects which involve a detailed technical report or reports covering one or more issues.
2. Large fill projects involve proposals for fill which exceed greater than 1000 m3. Smaller fill projects will be covered under other sections of the fee schedule.
3. Large renewable energy projects are defined as:
i. Class 3 solar facilities with a nameplate capacity greater than 10 kW.
ii. Class 3, 4 or 5 wind facilities equal to or greater than 50 kW.
iii. Any waterpower project involving construction of a new dam or retrofit of an existing dam.
iv. Any bio-fuel project (anaerobic digestion, biofuel, biogas or thermal treatment facility) that would not fall under our general categories for buildings or building additions as outlined in the table above.
4. Major municipal projects – Projects that have generally come forward following a Class Environmental Assessment, where input from the UTRCA has been solicited and the need for Section 28 approval has been acknowledged. UTRCA costs are related to multiple technical report reviews, preparation of correspondence, attendance at pre-consultation meetings and site inspections. Estimated total project costs generally exceed $1 million. Staff reserve the right to charge additional fees for significant technical report review.
5. For Environmental Assessments undertaken by private proponents (i.e., non-municipal EAs), minor and major categories are distinguished by the anticipated amount of staff time required for reviews. For the purposes of the fee schedule, major will be defined as projects with estimated cumulative staff review time requirements of greater than 25 hours. The UTRCA reserves the right to charge additional fees if peer review requirements warrant additional cost-recovery.
Please contact Section 28 staff at 519-451-2800 for more explanation of fee categories.
DATA – SEE AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY FOR DETAILS
Digital orthoimagery – entire UTRCA watershed mosaic (DVD in Sid format) – $230
Digital orthoimagery – 6.67 km2 tile (Tiff and Sid formats) – $25/tile + $45 administration fee + taxes
Digital flood and erosion hazard limits; Digital natural heritage information; Monitoring data (streamflow, rainfall, snow course sampling, ambient water quality, aquatic community health); Secondary data from Ontario Geospatial Data Exchange – Inquire about specific fee, an administration charge applies to all data
MAP PRINTS – SEE AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY FOR DETAILS
11″ X 17″ printed – $20
36″ X 48″ printed – $40
Custom prints – $8 per sq foot
Elevation Surveying (generally involves crew of two staff) – $90/hr + expenses, minimum charge 2 hrs
GPS Survey (includes data on CD) -$40/hr + expenses, minimum charge 2 hrs
Aquatic Ecosystem – Preliminary Assessment (generally involves crew of two staff) – $90/hr + expenses, minimum charge 2 hrs
Terrestrial Ecosystem – Preliminary Assessment (generally involves crew of two staff) – $90/hr + expenses, minimum charge 2 hrs
Photocopies – $0.10 per standard copy