UTRCA Fee Schedules
(Prices include HST where applicable, except where noted)
The UTRCA’s fee schedules should be read in conjunction with the notes that follow. These fee schedules apply to all activities within the UTRCA watershed jurisdiction. All fees must be received prior to the UTRCA’s release of written comments to an approval authority. UTRCA fee schedules are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that the revenue generated is comparable to the operating costs to provide the service.
Municipal Plan Review – Application Review Fees
Official Plan Amendment (Minor) – $200 per application
Official Plan Amendment (Major) -$500 per application
Zoning By-law Amendment – $200 per application
Consent (Severance) -$200 per application or $200 per lot when more than one new lot is created
Variance – $100 per application
Site Plan -$200 per application
Draft Plan of Subdivision or Vacant Land Condominium –
– Base fee – $100 per lot/unit to maximum of $3000
– Major red-line revision – $500
– Minor red-line revision – $200
– Clearance Letter for phases – $200 per phase
Processing Fee – $100
1. The UTRCA reserves the right to waive the application fee or reduce the fee on a case by case basis.
2. Official Plan Amendment (Major) – Official Plan Amendments which include complex Natural Hazard and Natural Heritage issues involving multiple peer reviews to be completed by the UTRCA and/or other qualified professionals. The UTRCA reserves the right to determine what is considered to be a Official Plan Amendment (Major) on a case by case basis.
3. Fees for multiple applications made for the same parcel within one year will be discounted as follows:
– First application – full fee per lot/application
– Additional applications – 50% of full fee per lot/application
4. The processing fee is charged in the following cases:
– Provision of a clearance letter for any application approved prior to March 29, 2006
– Provision of an extension letter
– Provision of a letter for a Draft Plan of Condominium for those proposals that are limited to conversion of existing buildings with no new construction or as long as the design complies with criteria established through a previous circulation (e.g. Subdivision or Site Plan)
Municipal Plan Review – Technical Report Review Fees
Scoped Environmental Impact Studies for proposed mitigation measures related to any natural heritage features and functions – $400
Comprehensive Environmental Impact Studies for proposed mitigation measures related to any natural heritage features – $1000
Scoped Impact Studies and proposed mitigation measures for any proposal that is potentially impacted by natural hazards (riverine flooding, riverine slope stability, meander belt or wetland) – $400
Comprehensive Impact Studies and proposed mitigation measures for any proposal that is potentially impacted by natural hazards (riverine flooding, riverine slope stability, general slope stability) – $1000
Stormwater Management Studies and proposed facilities. This fee includes review of all Phases of SWM plans from preliminary or conceptual to final engineering design (quality, quantity, erosion control) – $1000
Sediment and Erosion Control Plan – $200
Hydrogeology Assessments – $1000
Subwatershed Study/ Master Drainage Plan or Tributary Study – $500
Any combination of two of the above – Sum of the two less $100
Any combination of three of the above -Sum of the three less $200
Any combination of four or more of the above – Sum of the four or more less $300
1. It is strongly recommended that the proponent pre-consult with the UTRCA and the municipality prior to preparation of a detailed technical report.
2. For the purpose of this fee schedule, Scoped Studies are generally recommended in situations where the nature of the natural heritage feature or hazard is well documented, similar development has been previously proposed, modelled and analyzed, impacts are not anticipated due to the location or nature of a proposed development, and mitigation options have been developed.
3. For the purpose of this fee schedule, Comprehensive Studies are generally recommended in situations which are more complex, where information is lacking, or where the risk or significance of the impact is high.
4. Where a Section 28 permit approval is required in addition to the Planning Act approval, the fee for the Conservation Authority permit may be discounted.
5. The fees for technical report review include one comprehensive report review and one revised report review. The UTRCA reserves the right to charge a processing fee or additional technical report fees for additional reviews.
Section 28 Review & Approval Fees
Minor works- $100
Application to fill and/or to alter waterways (no engineering drawings ) – $400
Application to fill and/or alter waterways (engineering drawings required) – $750
Application to construct minor additions, accessory buildings, or reconstruct structures 46.5 m²/500 ft² or less in size – $400
Application to construct primary buildings, additions, accessory buildings, or reconstruct structures greater than 46.5 m²/500 ft² in size- $750
Application to construct and/or fill for multi-lot development – $250 per lot affected by CA Regulations
Application for golf course development – $2000
Large fill application (2) – $5000 for fill volumes greater than 1000 m³
Large renewable energy project (3) – $1000
Permit renewal – $50
Related site surveying and detailed inspection (2 hour minimum) – $100/hr
Municipal drain review – minor maintenance – $100
Municipal drain review – major maintenance – $500
Municipal drain review – new engineer’s report – minor works – $100
Municipal drain review – new engineer’s report – major works – $500
Major municipal project (4) – $2000
Hazard verification letter for natural hazard allowances – $100
Hazard verification letter for area of interference of a wetland – $100
Aggregate Resources Act review – $2000
Application review – work commenced prior to approval – 100% surcharge for first occasion; 200% for second occasion
Environmental Assessment Act (private proponent) (5) – minor $2000; major $5000
1. The permit fee generally includes the cost of technical report reviews. The UTRCA reserves the right to charge technical report review fees over and above the permit fees for complex projects which involve a detailed technical report or reports covering one or more issues.
2. Large fill projects involve proposals for fill which exceed greater than 1000 m3. Smaller fill projects will be covered under other sections of the fee schedule.
3. Large renewable energy projects are defined as:
i. Class 3 solar facilities with a nameplate capacity greater than 10 kW.
ii. Class 3, 4 or 5 wind facilities equal to or greater than 50 kW.
iii. Any waterpower project involving construction of a new dam or retrofit of an existing dam.
iv. Any bio-fuel project (anaerobic digestion, biofuel, biogas or thermal treatment facility) that would not fall under our general categories for buildings or building additions as outlined in the table above.
4. Major municipal projects – Projects that have generally come forward following a Class Environmental Assessment, where input from the UTRCA has been solicited and the need for Section 28 approval has been acknowledged. UTRCA costs are related to multiple technical report reviews, preparation of correspondence, attendance at pre-consultation meetings and site inspections. Estimated total project costs generally exceed $1 million. Staff reserve the right to charge additional fees for significant technical report review.
5. For Environmental Assessments undertaken by private proponents (i.e., non-municipal EAs), minor and major categories are distinguished by the anticipated amount of staff time required for reviews. For the purposes of the fee schedule, major will be defined as projects with estimated cumulative staff review time requirements of greater than 25 hours. The UTRCA reserves the right to charge additional fees if peer review requirements warrant additional cost-recovery.
Please contact Section 28 staff at 519-451-2800 for more explanation of fee categories.
Written inquiry – $150
Release of Agreements – $150
DATA – SEE AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY FOR DETAILS
Digital orthoimagery – entire UTRCA watershed mosaic (DVD in Sid format) – $230
Digital orthoimagery – 6.67 km2 tile (Tiff and Sid formats) – $25/tile + $45 administration fee + taxes
Digital flood and erosion hazard limits; Digital natural heritage information; Monitoring data (streamflow, rainfall, snow course sampling, ambient water quality, aquatic community health); Secondary data from Ontario Geospatial Data Exchange – Inquire about specific fee, an administration charge applies to all data
MAP PRINTS – SEE AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY FOR DETAILS
11″ X 17″ printed – $20
36″ X 48″ printed – $40
Custom prints – $8 per sq foot
Elevation Surveying (generally involves crew of two staff) – $90/hr + expenses, minimum charge 2 hrs
GPS Survey (includes data on CD) -$40/hr + expenses, minimum charge 2 hrs
Aquatic Ecosystem – Preliminary Assessment (generally involves crew of two staff) – $90/hr + expenses, minimum charge 2 hrs
Terrestrial Ecosystem – Preliminary Assessment (generally involves crew of two staff) – $90/hr + expenses, minimum charge 2 hrs
Photocopies – $0.10 per standard copy